Friday, February 27, 2009

the beginning.

I've started walking. A lot. Partly because I want to wean myself off of relying on automobiles, and partly for fitness; and although I started for those two reasons, a third emerged afterward:

because I really enjoy it.

Today I came up with the idea of blogging about it. I came up with all sorts of stats I could track and things I could write about. I'll try to do my best to keep up with everything, and I'll see what sticks and what doesn't. Maybe I'll give up on the blog altogether, we'll see.

I don't know if other people blog about walking. I guess someone probably does, with as many of us as there are on this planet, I'd imagine new ideas are few and far between. I've decided not to look into it right now, with the intention of keeping everything on here... well, if not original, at least purely of my own creation.

I hope to keep track of the places I walk to, the total distance I've walked, and how much gas I've saved.

I'll write about the things I see on my walks, the things I think about on my walks, and maybe I'll take some pictures along the way.

I guess that's enough for this post.