Friday, April 24, 2009

walking with wood

Yesterday, I walked to get a haircut and back. I was going to walk to the post office to get my passport photos taken, but it turned out that I missed the time cut-off for photo services there. Instead, I walked to home depot to get some supplies I needed for the store. While I was there, I saw that the price on some boards that I needed for the garage was really low. 3.5 miles is quite a way to carry two 8ft pieces of lumber, but I wanted to see how I'd manage, so I took the challenge. I quickly found that the easiest way to do it was to stack the boards, one on top of the other, and balance them on my shoulder, using one hand to steady them and hold them in place. I had to switch shoulders a couple of times because the constant pressure got a little sore on the bone after i used one side for two long; but overall, it wasn't too bad.

april 23rd

10.4 miles
294.44 miles cumulative
11.7776 total gallons saved