Sunday, March 1, 2009

going the distance.

I've been thinking about some more epic walks to take in the future. Walks that are more for the challenge, the glory, and the story than they are for just getting around. I would like to go for as long of a walk as I can in town one day soon, and then figure out what kind of distance I'm comfortable covering in a day so that I can better plan some of these trips. I did about 20 miles in a day a week or two ago. Other than some suffering my feet endured from improper shoes, it was a breeze. I think I could do 30, no problem.

One idea was that I could walk to the walking man brewery. If there's one thing I like more than walking, it's beer, and the name of the brewery just makes it that much more appropriate. It's 43 miles each way. Sounds like a pretty awesome 3 day round trip. I could take my hiking pack, and carry a one man tent, a sleeping bag, and some basic supplies, and camp in the gorge between days.

I just have to wait for the weather to warm and dry up a bit.