Thursday, March 19, 2009

march 18th - 19th

Yesterday I walked to work and back. I had wanted to bring my camera along, take my time walking , and take a few pictures along the way; but I got caught up working on the house all morning, and I was in a hurry by the time I left.

The weather was great; spring like. I wore shorts for the first time this year. On the way home, I could smell a lot of food being cooked on outdoor grills; it even smelled like spring! I think I had forgotten just how nice it is here when the sun comes out. I'm looking forward to the changing of the seasons even more now that I've had a taste.

But for today, the gloom is back.

This morning I walked to work again. On my way I stopped and got a haircut. I had to change my route a bit to include the diversion. It was a nice to follow a different path. It reminded me of how much you miss when you get set in your ways. I think that applies to a lot more than just walking.

I think I'll try another new route tonight after work.

I'll be out of town for the next few days. I'll write about those when I get back.

March 18th - 19th

14.4 miles
121.18 miles cumulative
4.8472 total gallons saved