Sunday, March 29, 2009

last night

last night I went to a birthday party for a friend at her house. It was getting late, and the party was winding down, so I decided to come home on foot. For fun, I made a bet about how fast I could make the trip. I ran the whole distance in about 2/3's the time my wife and friend thought I'd be able to do it in. I haven't run more than a mile since high school gym class, and never thought I could get into running, but it was actually really fun.

Last night, I was trying to remember how long it's been since I put gas in my car. I looked through some bank statements to find the last time I filled up, and it's been over a month. The other day, when I had to use it to get inventory to the store, I noticed the tank is still about half full. I guess cars aren't so bad if you're careful about how you use them. Still, if I use it that much now, it wouldn't be a stretch to just get rid of it altogether.

march 28th

1.33 miles
144.32 miles cumulative
5.7728 total gallons saved

1.33 miles